Thread: Qingdao Report
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 125 / Power: 23
Mekatulia deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyMekatulia deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: ADF’s EXPEDITIONS & MUSINGS

Short Pre-cursor

I would like to think that the ADF has established a somewhat "reputation" that to a certain extent superceded us. This was clearly so whenever LT, GEZ or EZ walks down the infamous bad part of the town, very soon we will either hear the Mummies from the nearby BBS shouting "老爹!老爹!", or LT's handphone will ring a few minutes later. I still recall once when me and LT were in Humen, checking out the BBS, one girl called out "爷爷,打炮!".

It took quite a bit of convincing from LT, with pictorial evidence, before GEZ and EZ decided on our maiden trip to mudderland some 10years ago and boy, there was no turning back after that.

The start of this thread marks the 10 Year anniversary of the expeditions of the ADF which, we have recently evolved and starting a new "business model". (Details may be revealed later, depending on how the story pans out).

The ADF has witnessed the rise and probably about to see the fall of some of the early playgrounds in mudderland. From "你的护照是哪里?" innocent days, until now I purposely disassociate and not reveal myself originating from the "Land Of Carrot Heads", and sad to say, I feel ashamed sometimes .The ADF has definitely no regrets, only pity that we continue to see and hear the common follies being made by more carrot heads wherever they go. And the ADF will simply just continue to explore further, for greener pastures.

The ADF in the early days, has met some of the nicest people whom we still kept in touch with and one such friend so happen to now reside in Hubei, prompting us to pay a visit to her home town in EnShi.

The ADF all these years have 闯南走北,from as far north as DongBei on foot walk in to Russia, to as far south as Guangxi on foot walk in to Vietnam, this trip will very much be another on foot expedition of Central China.

Hubei has a special place in EZ's heart because EZ is a self taught Chinese history buff, and also whenever asked where I am from, I will say that I am the "Wild Man of Hubei" 湖北野人的地方, aka 湖北神农架. After all these years, I still managed to surprise or I am surprised that even if they are from Hubei, many don't know where 神农架 is, and this has been the perfect cover for EZ. Though recent years, 神农架 is becoming a popular local tourist spot.

As the title of this thread is so aptly put, before I recount some of the more juicy parts of our Hubei expedition, allow me to indulge myself in providing some of my own broadly summarised research and findings on the historical and cultural significance of Hubei.
对我来说,侯佩岑算什么
把衣服掀起来!把奶罩丢上来!