View Single Post
Old 15-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
Papaya deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Genital herpes Positive - My worst Valentine gift. Don't know how I got it.

heatingup,

1) dont worry, herpes wont kill u. Its like oral herpes but just that this lies in ur dick.

2) based on ur encounter, yes.. they was a chance u got it from ur chionging.. HOWEVER, from what I learn about herpes it is very very seldom HSV-2 get from mouth to dick/dick to mouth. In theory it does, but practically its much more difficult for it to happen.

As a receiving end of a oral sex (ie bj), u are at the risk of HSV-1. Here's why: when a person giving bj to a HSV-2 +ve person, her mouth will get the virus but HSV-2 does not like to stay in month area for unknown reason to many health professional. Therefore the virus does not shed and tranmission from there on is much much harder (see this HSV 2 risk from recieving brief oral sex - STDs - MedHelp , look at the doc's reply)

Ppl who get HSV2 normally engage in unprotected anal or vergina sex.

Since you have protected BJ, the chances of HSV2 infection is pretty much slim.. even people get BBBJ risk mostly HSV1 infection and HSV2 is rather uncommon (but still possible). But knowing u are protectec, you shld access the other possibilities of u getting it.

what i am saying is HSV2 via oral is possible in theory, but many reliable website such as Medhelp did say that they never seen once that happens

So with ur history you posted in the 1st post, it seem you are more likely expose to HSV1 and genital warts (due to unprotected area by comdon).

Not to bring up any problem, and I am also glad ur marriage is saved. But did you ever think there might me a mild chance u got it from your wife? i mean she might be faithful, but how about times BEFORE your marriage?

as for woman, herpes is much more assymtomatic in Woman then man... so she might not hv known it if she got it prior knowing u (general health chk dont chk herpes types also).

I am no doctor, but i read a lot about herpes and i asked some doctors also... I still can be wrong.. but I am posting this to highlight what I understands about herpes tranmission, hope you dont mind.. not trying to pour oil into fire but I think you and everyone deserve to know

more reading to understand herpes 1 and 2 and their difference:

HSV1 vs. HSV2
Can one with HSV2 really give/receive unprotected oral sex? - STDs - MedHelp