Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 428 / Power: 19
ahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Pattaya

Quite true.

Actually I think being Singaporean is the best to cheong in Thailand coz , thais like us as we can spend but most dun treat as chai tow as we're closer to their culture than the other chai tows like falangs and japs. They prefer us than the cheapskate (in their eyes) chinaman and malaysians. Off course we know its a culture thing that's why they think like that.

We also look a little like thais so most wont bother us unless we ask for them. Once we open our mouth and speak english , they will know. Pick up a few thai words and some Lao slang and know some of their culture and they'll think you're thai! I once joked with a few gals in (only a few words of) thai and mentioned I was from Issan. They won't believe me even when I told them the truth! Finally even had to say I was from Changmai to get them off my back. 5555555555

Some of them dun know how to treat us ; should they chop or give local prices? In my 15+ years going to thailand I was only cheated a few times (or at least they tried!) No added bills or pickpockets or robberys even thought i drink till closing most of the time.

One time was when I went with a thai girl to see a 'show' at a Patpong 2nd storey bar with 'no cover charge'. After the show they demanded a 'entertainment fee' (or something like that) from a falang in front of me and he started arguing with the waitress. I knew it was getting nasty so I checked bin and they asked me for the 'entertainment fee' as well. I showed them my only 500B bill (and SGD30+) in my wallet and asked them to take it all as I have no more money. With that they let us go and we left with the door shut behind us! And then I took out my spare 1000B in my shoe for the cab back to hotel for supper!

Another time I took a tuktuk but the damn driver said it was a buddist holiday and took me to a temple as he wanted to stop and pray. I suspected something but went along (as I am a nice guy ). I was then befriended by a smartly dressed thai man in full western suit in a hot day in a bangkok temple! He tried to sell me diamonds and said it was possible to resell to a famous local jeweller (cant remember who) for a profit. I called his bluff and pretended to call the boss of the Singaporean jeweller who I claim to know. He walked off without saying a word! 5555555555555555555 Hustler hustling a hustler!

Waaaaa .... looking back , I have so many adventures in thailand , maybe I should write a book!

There's the yearly songkran stories as well as me drunk and sleeping in a agogo toilet till my good friend broke down the door to carry me back to hotel. My firiend's virgin trip and the best girl he's ever got at Gulliver's and it nearly never happened! Where are you , S?